December Advisory Article
by Catherine Lawrence and Janet Gallagher
Your friends in Atlantic Canada are so looking forward to hosting you as we all celebrate the 75th anniversary of our fabulous Motor Maid organization. The ladies have been very busy over the past several months planning, scheming, recruiting, organizing and finalizing details to ensure your enjoyment is maximized while you are in our neck of the woods next summer. Below is some information to help you prepare for the upcoming convention and road trip.
To-do list for convention 2015 participants:
- Complete the registration form (see below for further details about registration)
- Ensure membership is current with dues paid past July 2015
- Order your motor maid uniform now if you do not yet have a complete uniform. You will need to wear this in the photo, parade and banquet and these experiences are something you will not want to miss out on!
- Obtain a money order or cheque in CANADIAN funds for registration and purchases amount
- Use postage to Canada and mail registration form to the address noted on the form
- Ensure you have a reservation at the Convention hotel in Moncton (see below for hotel reservation information) for the nights you expect to stay
- Ask to join the 75th Anniversary Motor Maid Convention page on Facebook if you have not already done so (search for this page and then use the ASK button to join)
- Visit the Atlantic Canada Motor Maid (ACMM) website http://www.acmotormaids.com and scroll down to the 75th Anniversary section for information on various categories such as: Coming to Canada, Video of Moncton and Atlantic Canada, Motorcycle Shops and links, Convention Hotel link, Dizolve laundry sheet convention fundraising link, 75 Things to See & Do in Atlantic Canada and more!!
- Dig out your maps and start thinking about your route to celebrate the 75th anniversary at Convention 2015, as all roads lead to Moncton, NB next summer and there are so many beautiful sites to see in Atlantic Canada
- While travelling, you will likely need to do laundry J. What better way than to use eco-friendly Dizolve laundry sheets AND support Motor Maids? To purchase this fantastic-motorcycle friendly product-go to http://mydizolve.com/campaign/atlantic-canada-motor-maids/ and place your order. A portion of your purchase goes towards our 2015 Convention fundraising.
- Stay tuned to the March and June 2015 editions of The Advisory for more Convention 2015 details as well as the Facebook and ACMM websites noted above.
In addition to the registration form included in this edition of The Advisory, an electronic copy will be on the Motor Maid Inc. website http://www.motormaids.org. A link to the electronic copy will be on the ACMM website noted above.
In celebration of this 75th anniversary a special collectors item is being offered this year-a pewter commemorative sun catcher designed by ACMM (soon to be Silver Life member) Gail Neilson. We are also pleased to offer two clothing items– a golf shirt and a jacket as well as patches and pins. Pictures of the items for purchase as well as the shirt/jacket sizing charts, are available on the ACMM website.
Convention Raffle Tickets – Win your convention stay
Atlantic Canada has 2015 Convention raffle tickets available if you would like to win the convention package – a $660 value including 1 registration, 4 nights accommodation at the Delta Beausejour in Moncton, 1 charm, 1 convention shirt and 1 convention photo. For district directors who do not have raffle tickets to offer their members, please contact us at email@example.com. For the districts that have already sold convention raffle tickets, please mail the stubs and funds to the address noted on the tickets. Individuals can also purchase raffle ticket(s) through the registration form process.
Host Hotel – Delta Beausejour
750 Main Street, Moncton, New Brunswick, E1C 1E6, Canada
Phone 506-854-4344, Fax 506-858-0957, Reservations 888-890-3222
Check-in 4:00 PM, Checkout 12:00 PM
Be sure to use the booking name- Motor Maids. Rates are $129 for 1-2 people or $139 for 3-4 people. All rooms are the same size and all have a coffee maker, fridge and free wi-fi.
Use the link below to book your room.
**Please note** with 225 rooms blocked for our convention, there will be enough rooms for the attendees. We greatly appreciate it if members would book respectfully. Bookings are limited to no more than 2 rooms. If the block is full, ask to be placed on the waiting list. This will be monitored and matched to registrations as we get closer to convention, so we can ensure everyone has a room.
Recap of how you can obtain information about Convention 2015:
- The Advisory publications
- Atlantic Canada Motor Maid website http://www.acmotormaids.com section on 75th Anniversary
- Facebook page for 75th Anniversary Motor Maid Convention
- Motor Maids website http://www.motormaids.org
Any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support and we can’t wait to see you all in Moncton in 2015!